Little Parndon Primary Academy is committed to develop provision for young carers and their families.
We will capture the commitment by widening our provision, building on the needs of the young people and better meet young carers’ needs by reviewing Little Parndon Primary Academy’s provision for young carers with a view to ultimately achieving best practice.
How we will achieve this:
- The whole school is committed to meeting the needs of young carers so that they can attend and enjoy school in the same way as other pupil/students and achieve their potential.
- We have appointed Mrs Jones as designated Young Carers Operational Lead with responsibility for young carers and their families. Pupils and families are able to contact Mrs Jones and access support by either calling the general school number or emailing YC@bmatlittleparndon.org.uk
- The school only shares information with professionals and agencies on a need to know basis in order to support pupils and their families.
- Little Parndon Primary Academy will actively seek feedback and ideas from young carers and their families to shape and improve support.
- The school has an effective referral system and strong partnership in place with relevant external agencies, including referral to Young Carer agencies providing key workers who will work with young carers and families.
We will strive to achieve best practice for students and families in our school in order to provide them with the best chance of success in their future.
Your Young Carers Team
Mrs Jones -
Young Carers Operational Lead
|I am the main contact for Young Carers. If you think you are a Young Carer, or you have any questions about being a Young Carer, or just want to talk about your experience as a Young Carer you can come and find me, or, email me at YC@bmatlittleparndon.org.uk|
Mrs Linden - Learning Mentor
|If you can’t find Mrs Jones, and need to speak to someone urgently about any worries you may have, you can come and find me, or email me at YC@bmatlittleparndon.org.uk|